Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Sandhill Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- 2018-2019 District Parent & Family Engagement Plan
- When you click on the link above, please scroll down for the Spanish and Haitian Creole versions.
How can you be an involved parent?
- Attend the annual parent meeting, open house, orientation and other programs at Medulla.
- Get to know your child’s teacher. Attend at least one parent-teacher conference during the school year.
- Read the school/parent compact carefully. The compact outlines expectations for the school, parent, student.
- Make suggestions and complete surveys to help us improve
- Participate in your child’s education by supporting their learning at home
A parent involvement plan gives parents information about what parent involvement is, the value of a parent being involved in their child’s education, what will be offered during the school year to help parents have the tools and resources necessary to help their child at home, and what the school is constantly doing in order to have more parents involved.
Links and Resources
- National PTA Common Core Standards Initiative
- Click this link to visit other helpful parent resources.
Parent Centers www.polk-fl.net/parents/involvement/pirc.htm
Parent University www.polk-fl.net/parents/involvement/plug.htm