2016-17 Bell Schedule
7:40 AM - 3:00 PMBreakfast will be served from 7:30 until 7:55 AM. Students must be in their classroom before the 8 AM bell or they will be marked tardy. Parents come into the main office with their children if you arrive after 8:00 AM.
District CalendarsDownload the Polk County School District's traditional school calendars for the 2016-17 school year. At this time only District Calendar is only available in English. The Haitian Creole calendar will be posted when it becomes available. Please visit the District Calendar for more information. You can subscribe to to the District calendar feeds and add county-wide events to your preferred calendar application (Google Calendars, Outlook, iCal, your mobile device, etc.) District Calendar Feeds
iStationGo to http://www.istation.com/Support to download and install iStation at home. On the support page, choose the link for your home device. When prompted for your school, type sandhill.polk.fl Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Home Connect for Accelerated Readerhttps://hosted368.renlearn.com/69995/HomeConnect/ Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Read for Life
- Listen carefully to your child's questions
- Encourage independent reading daily
- Provide children with appropriate reading and writing materials
- Become aware of your child's strengths and weaknesses in reading
- Engage in playing games that help children read, and/or write and spell
- Provide children with activities and experiences to broaden their understanding of the world
- Involve her child in writing grocery lists, making cards, reading menus, newspapers, writing letters
- Provide your children with a dictionary
- Buy books as presents
- Monitor the time children spend watching television
- Provide opportunities for your children to observe you reading
Parent PortalThe MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom. Click HERE to learn more.
- CONGRATULATIONS Sandhill Elementary Boys and Girls Track Students!!! Thanks to the hard work of our students and coaches: Coach Murphy, Coach Fulton, Coach Rivera and Coach Tellado!! Great job!
- April 7 : iMoms 7:15 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- April 14: No School.
- April 27th: Kindergarten Round-up - 9:00-10:30 Media Center.
- May 5th: We will combine iMoms and All Pro Dads at 7:15 a.m. in the Cafeteria. This will be the last meeting of the 2016-2017 school year!
2016-17 Student Early Dismissal DaysThe following dates have been chosen as student Early Dismissal days for school year 2016-2017. All students will be dismissed 2.5 hours (150 minutes) early.
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016*
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016*
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017*
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017