2017-18 Bell Schedule
7:40 AM - 3:00 PMBreakfast will be served from 7:30 until 7:55 AM. Students must be in their classroom before the 8 AM bell or they will be marked tardy. Parents come into the main office with their children if you arrive after 8:00 AM.
Enrolling Your Child in Polk County SchoolsClick here for instructions to enroll your child in Polk County Schools.
District CalendarsDownload the Polk County School District's traditional school calendars for the 2017-18 school year. Please visit the District Calendar for more information. You can subscribe to to the District calendar feeds and add county-wide events to your preferred calendar application (Google Calendars, Outlook, iCal, your mobile device, etc.) District Calendar Feeds
- March 22nd: K-2 Field Day.
- March 23rd: 3-5 Field Day.
- March 26th-30th: Spring Break - No School.
- April 5th: Sandhill Movie Night. 2nd and 3rd grade students and 1 parent only. 6:00 p.m.
- April 6th: Sandhill Movie Night. 4th and 5th grade students and 1 parent only. 6:00 p.m.
- April 6th: All Pro Dads and iMom's will be combined! We hope you can all join us at 7:10-7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- April 14th: Campus Beautification Day 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- April 21st: 5th Grade Track Meet at Dennison Middle School.
- April 26th: Kindergarten Round Up.
Hats off to Suzanne Robinson!Suzanne Robinson has been named as a State of Florida Highly Effective Teacher for the second year in a row! Thank you for your hard work and effort with our students!
Polk County Literacy Resource DirectoryCheck out this interactive guide for ways to support literacy for your children. https://view.joomag.com/polk-county-s-literacy-resource-directory/M0900765001509042068
iStationGo to http://www.istation.com/Support to download and install iStation at home. On the support page, choose the link for your home device. Please contact your child's teacher for more information.
Accelerated Reader Book Finderhttp://www.arbookfind.com/UserType.aspx
Home Connect for Accelerated Readerhttps://hosted368.renlearn.com/69995/HomeConnect/ Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Parent PortalThe MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom. Click HERE to learn more.
CONGRATULATIONS!We are happy to announce our Teacher of the Year, Mr. Jaxon Chapman! Mr. Chapman teaches 2nd grade at Sandhill. Our School Related Employee of the Year is Mrs. Banny Banos. Mrs. Banos is our school secretary. Both Mr. Chapman and Mrs. Banos will be representing Sandhill Elementary School at the district event in February.
Have Lunch With Your Child!At Sandhill Elementary, you are encouraged and welcome to eat lunch with your child! Here are a few rules to be aware of before you arrive.
- Check the scheduled lunch times by grade level listed below.
- Be aware that on early release or special events days, these times may change.
- You are welcome to bring your lunch or purchase a school lunch for yourself.
- If purchasing lunch at school the cost is $3.10, please bring a check made out to Sandhill Elementary or bring the exact cash amount (the cafeteria manager does not have cash on hand to make change).
- Parents will enter the teachers' Dining Room to purchase a school lunch.
- Your child will go through the student lunch line before joining you.
- You and your child only will eat lunch together at the picnic tables in the breezeway.
- Because you will be eating outside, please plan for the type of day - hot or cold.
|Daily Lunch Schedule|
|Second Grade||10:25 - 10:50|
|Third Grade||10:54 - 11:19|
|Fifth Grade||11:22 - 11:47|
|Fourth Grade||11:50 - 12:15|
|Kindergarten||12:18 - 12:43|
|First Grade||12:48 - 1:13|