Enrolling Your Child in Polk County Schools
Click here for instructions to enroll your child in Polk County Schools
2017-18 Bell Schedule
7:40 AM - 3:00 PMBreakfast will be served from 7:30 until 7:55 AM. Students must be in their classroom before the 8 AM bell or they will be marked tardy. Parents come into the main office with their children if you arrive after 8:00 AM.
District CalendarsDownload the Polk County School District's traditional school calendars for the 2017-18 school year. Please visit the District Calendar for more information. You can subscribe to to the District calendar feeds and add county-wide events to your preferred calendar application (Google Calendars, Outlook, iCal, your mobile device, etc.) District Calendar Feeds
iStationGo to http://www.istation.com/Support to download and install iStation at home. On the support page, choose the link for your home device. When prompted for your school, type sandhill.polk.fl Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Home Connect for Accelerated Readerhttps://hosted368.renlearn.com/69995/HomeConnect/ Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Read for Life
- Listen carefully to your child's questions
- Encourage daily independent reading
- Provide children with appropriate reading and writing materials
- Engage in playing games that help children read, write and spell
- Provide children with activities and experiences to broaden their understanding of the world
- Involve her child in writing grocery lists, making cards, reading menus, newspapers, writing letters
- Provide your children with a dictionary
- Buy books as presents
- Provide opportunities for your children to observe you reading
Parent PortalThe MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom. Click HERE to learn more.
- Welcome back Sandhill Elementary students and parents!
- September 4th: Holiday - No School.
- September 13th: Early Release
HAVE LUNCH WITH YOUR CHILD!At Sandhill Elementary, you are encouraged and welcome to eat lunch with your child! Here are a few rules to be aware of before you arrive.
- Check the scheduled lunch times by grade level listed below. Be aware that on early release or special events days, those times may change.
- You are welcome to bring your lunch or purchase a school lunch for yourself.
- If purchasing lunch at school, please bring exactly $3.10 (the cafeteria manager does not have cash on hand to make change) or a check made out to Sandhill Elementary for $3.10. Parents will enter the teachers' Dining Room to purchase a school lunch.
- Your child will go through the student lunch line before joining you.
- You and your child only will eat lunch together at the picnic tables in the breezeway.
- Sometimes the weather is hot and sometimes cold. Please plan accordingly.
|Daily Lunch Schedule|
|Second Grade||10:25 - 10:50|
|Third Grade||10:54 - 11:19|
|Fifth Grade||11:22 - 11:47|
|Fourth Grade||11:50 - 12:15|
|Kindergarten||12:18 - 12:43|
|First Grade||12:48 - 1:13|
2017-18 Early Dismissal DaysThe following dates have been chosen as student Early Dismissal days for school year 2016-2017. All students will be dismissed 2.5 hours (150 minutes) early.
- September 13, 2017
- October 11, 2017*
- November 15, 2017*
- January 24, 2018*
- February 7, 2018
- March 14, 2018
- May 16, 2018